There are some things to consider when it’s time to purchase new HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment:
- When it comes to deciding what size equipment to purchase, make sure you consider things like the size of your home or building, your type and amount of insulation, your climate, the size and number of windows, the size and layout of your duct work, etc. An experienced professional should be able to do an analysis and load calculation to recommend the specification and combination of equipment that best suits your budget and needs.
- Make sure you consider only brands that are well known for durability and dependability. There are always new brands coming on to the market but HVAC equipment is a long-term purchase. You can’t afford to make a long-term investment into a company that doesn’t have a long-term reputation.
- There are often attractive sale prices available for all types equipment. Proceed with caution. Just because a heater, air conditioner or heat pump is attractively priced doesn’t mean it is the right equipment for your situation. Savings a few dollars at the front-end cause cost you plenty over the long term.
- Make sure you strongly consider equipment with high efficiency ratings. Not only will you enjoy greater comfort but you will also see lower energy bills. These lower energy bills can actually mean a new system will pay for itself in a relatively short time. Today’s HVAC equipment can be as much as 60% more efficient than systems installed as little as ten years ago. And if not properly maintained, wear and tear on a system can reduce the efficiency of the system. If you currently have high utility bills or are looking at expensive repairs of your existing equipment, you may want to consider replacing your system rather than going through yet another costly season or having to replace expensive components.
- Like many other industries, the HVAC community has seen many advances in recent technology. Make sure you deal with a professional sales and installation team that is up on the latest HVAC technology breakthroughs and knows exactly which ones will benefit your specific situation.
- Most importantly, work with a professional organization that has only best reputation for reliability and integrity. This is one of the most important purchases you can make for a home or business. A great reputation is hard to get and easy to lose. At Parkers Heating and Cooling, we value the faith our customers have in us and we work hard every day to improve upon it.
For friendly and professional advice on the sales, service and maintenance of HVAC equipment; contact Parkers Heating and Cooling today or call us at (615) 355-9137.